Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Nizo repair service recommendation?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JIM DUNN's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2002
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm about ready to send the Nizo 6080 to someone to fix it if possible. Well, now it's two 6080s with malfunctioning lightmeter/aperture setting devices, as I picked up another one on Ebay recently that's beautiful, but ailing. I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone with first hand experience with having their Nizos repaired at specific shops in the US.

    I've seen lists of Nizo repair shops both here in the US and other countries, but they're just lists to me. Kurt Schacherl in Germany is highly touted on a Super 8 website, but there's a language barrier, and I can find no listing for an email address for him so I can use the Babelfish translater for communication, and if possible, I'd like to save the expense of shipping two cameras across the ocean.....The man who runs Merzbarn.com seems quite knowledgeable and has been very helpful in trying to determine the possible causes of the problems, yet again, theres the added expense of shipping to and from London....So, if anyone has personel experience with a particular person or shop I'd appreciate hearing from you as I'd feel kinda silly using that new barney I had made for a shower cap. You can email me at [email protected] , or if you think it's information of interest to the group, put it here. Thanks, JIM

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MrObvious's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2000
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Unfortunately I can't help you out with a recommendation. I might be in need of a repair specialist as well! Or, since I've never used a 6080, I might just be missing something incredibly simple.

    I bought a 6080 on eBay that was advertised as working but I put batteries in it and I get NO response. No lights, nothing. I've got the master switch depressed and I've tried all sorts of settings on the camera. I've looked through the manual to no avail. I don't know if my battery box is messed up or if I'm inserting the batteries wrong or something. Is it a weird battery setup? If not, I would have to think that the darn thing is broken (grr). Do you have any hints for me?

    Thanks.

    Marc S.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    www.duallcamera.com
    they seem the most professional of all super8 folks out there. i would recomend UT photo, but they are Canon specialists. check out Duall Camera, they have a good list of super8 cameras. they may be a bit pricey but professional.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member JIM DUNN's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2002
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mr. Obvious---Wish I could help, but I saw your post on another board, and it appears you have the batteries in correctly. I assume you looked inside the handle to be sure the box is in with the two contact points to the bottom side. Also, looking down into the accu box, there should be 3 keyhole shaped contacts, and in the lid there should be 2 keyhole shaped contacts (paralell and opposite facing) as well as a spiral spring with a tiny wire (going out of site) and opposite that, a tiny circular contact with a metal piece going back toward one of the large keyhole contacts.

    I suppose you could load the batteries, and put a multitester to the two cone shaped contacts coming out of the box and see if they're hot. If so, the next place I'd look is inside the handle to see if it looks like those contacts have been mashed in or corroded. If you had smeone to help hold things, maybe you could set the tester to check for a circuit, hold the leads to the contacts in the handle, turn everything on, and squeeze the camera trigger and see if you get a complete circuit. If not, it sounds to me like it's in the camera....I certainly empathize with you...It hurts to see a beautiful camera like that lying there dead---especially just after you shelled out the big bucks!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Unlike Beaulieu, Nizo doesn't make parts. In fact I think that Braun is only making shavers and Coffee Makers. I would contact Irv Higdon in California. Good Luck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •